IDEA International Dance Events and Auditions
Artistic Director: Elisabetta Hertel, A.C. Accademia Internazionale Coreutica,
Organization: Lucia Scaccabarozzi DAC
The project IDEA (International Dance Events and Auditions) wants to be a springboard for young people who want to make the Dance their profession.
Coming from all over Italy, Europe and the world, young people, from the age of 16 up to 24 years will have the opportunity to take advantage of auditions and masterclasses that will offer them the opportunity to begin their artistic career. In previous years, IDEA, has given young dancers the opportunity to obtain the following opportunities:
- 3 one-year contracts.
- 2 one year internships
- 14 apprenticeships.
- 7 invitations to audition at different companies
- 13 admissions to professional formation programs with scholarship
- 15 admissions to professional formation programs
Our aim: To offer young talented dancers the opportunity to:
- Get contracts (corps de ballet, half soloist and soloists), apprenticeships and internships at international dance companies
- Progressing through Masterclasses
Program, events, dates, location, guests
Multiple audition for national and international dance companies: 7 Companies 1 city
In the presence of the representatives (Directors or Ballet Masters) of the companies.
Candidates will be evaluated during Masterclasses and multiple auditions to obtain contracts, apprenticeships, and internships.
Companies and their representatives present:
- Carabdanza, Madrid, Spain. Gonzalo Diaz: Director
- Chongqing Ballet, China. Carlos Valcarcel: Ballet Master
- DART Company Berlin, Germany. Kinga Vargova: Director
- Junior Ballet Antwerpen Belgium. Alain Honorez: Director
- Kinesis CDC Florence, Italy. Angelo Egarese: Director
- Nacho Duato Trainee Program Madrid, Spain. Emilia Jovanovich: ND Academy Director
- Rame Dance Phylum Florence, Italy. Francesco Mangiapane: Director
Dates: 8, 9, 10 February 2024
Location: Teatro l’Affratellamento via Giampaolo Orsini 73 Florence
- Each Masterclass €50,00
- Only Audition €225,00
- Open card Masterclasses (6 lessons) + Audition 450,00€
- Open Card Masterclasses (6 lessons) 250,00€
MASTERCLASSES (accessible from 16 to 24 years of age)
Masterclasses held on february 8th and 9th by:
- Carlos Valcarcel Chongqing Ballet Master (8 and 9 February)
- Angelo Egarese: Director Kinesis CDC (8 February)
- Francesco Mangiapane: Rame Dance Phylum Director (February 8)
- Gonzalo Diaz: Director Carabdanza (9 February)
- Kinga Vargova: Director DART Company (9 February)
Multiple audition (accessible from 18 to 24 years of age)
Audition held on 10th February 2024
- Registration and number assignment
- 1: Classical ballet class.
- 2: Contemporary dance class.
- 3: Presentation of 1 variation (from the classical ballet repertoire) or 1 contemporary dance solo (variations and solos chosen by the candidates).
- 4: Candidates selected for any company positions, contracts, apprenticeship, internship will be summoned for one or more interviews with company representatives.
Dimensions of stage 8m x 10m
On days 8,9 and 10 there will be time slots available for stage rehearsals of variations and contemporary dance solos
N.B. (variations or solos are chosen by the candidate)
- Masterclasses: from 16 to 24 years of age
- Audition: from 18 to 24 years of age
Registration deadline: January 26th 2024
Contacts (for information and enrolment):